Au Pair, Paris
Comments 8

One French Film per week challenge!

I have decided to set my self the challenge of watching at least one French film a week. This way, it not only helps me to immerse myself in the language, but it allows me to understand and experience the culture and the French je ne sais quoi, so to speak. The films included on this list may shock you, as some of them are classics that I have not seen – so please do not judge!

My French Film challenge:

• Kings of Pastry
  • Serial (Bad) Weddings
  • Le Chef
  • Entre Les Murs
  • Amour
  • Coco Before Chanel

These are the only films that I could think of, so if you can think of any films that I have missed, or urgently need to watch – leave a comment below!

Advertisements

8 Comments

• roisingrace says

Ah, merci! The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and Potiche both look wonderfully cheerful and jolly. I cannot wait to add these to the list, thank you so much 🙂

1. Uncle Ted says

Films suggested by Mick: Manon de Sources; Jean de Florette; The Hairdresser’s Husband.
    Good luck!

• roisingrace says

Thanks Uncle Ted! Send a big Merci to Mick for the recommendations – I have so much to watch now! Maybe all the Gallaghers and Kellys should also get on board, make it a family challenge haha! Hope all is well, lots of love x

• roisingrace says

Ah oui! I hadn’t really though about animations, except for the Simpsons. Disney films may be a good shout – and then I can be prepared for when I go to Disney World! (Inevitable of course!) X

2. kateallan says

You should most definitely watch The Intouchables – it’s a french film and sooo good 🙂

• roisingrace says

Absolument! I saw it before coming over, c’était un beau film, mais triste aussi. I think the best part for me was when they were in the car blaring out ‘September’, can we do that too? Maybe on bikes though…